Posted on November 16, 2015 by John Bruce
Kansas City outdoor lighting displays are a time-honored holiday tradition. Who doesn’t enjoy driving around town during December to see the different displays? Lighting up the night not only helps make December’s short days festive, it makes decorated homes come alive…especially those homes with permanently installed outdoor lighting for use year-round. Professional outdoor lighting installed by Outdoor Lighting Perspectives of Kansas City adds beauty, safety and security, drama and a welcoming glow to your home in all seasons.
Well-designed outdoor lighting brings visual impact and increased safety and security. Effective lighting displays result from careful planning and the use of high quality, long-lasting lights. We begin with a walking inspection with you to get a vision of your property along with the placement of your home, driveway, walking paths, gardens, deck or patio, and any water or features you may have in that setting. During this inspection we pay special attention to specimen trees or shrubs, flag poles, statuary or other permanent displays as well as the characteristics of your home itself, such as a gabled roofline, large windows, and other architectural features.
We then select just the right fixture for each area that will provide the desired lighting effect to create a custom designed outdoor lighting plan just for you. No matter which type, or combination, of exterior lighting you use; architectural and facade lighting, landscape lighting, path lighting, or uplighting, it can add that finishing touch of beauty to your home and provide a wealth of benefits like these:
- Safety: The safety that landscape lighting can bring to you and your family is a major benefit. Landscape lighting placed near the walkways and driveway of your home will provide a safe entrance or exit to and from your home. This is especially helpful around the holidays when families have increased visitors.
- Appearance: Landscape lighting will enhance and make the exterior of your home stand out. Lighting around water fountains, plants, pools, or any type of landscaping brings out the beauty in these particular home features. Items will pop with lighting, working to illuminate your home at night and keep it looking simply amazing, while enhancing any additional holiday lighting designs.
- Added Living Space: Landscape lighting will increase your living space. With the proper landscape lighting you can use your yard even when the sun goes down. Landscape lights can be attached all around the yard and positioned around the patio, outdoor fireplace or fire pit adding enough light for late night gatherings with blankets for bundling up and hot toddies or hot chocolate to keep you warm.
- Security: Landscape lighting offers security for your family and any guests that enter or exit your home. The lighting can be positioned around sidewalks, walkways, stairs, and the driveway. It is easy for anyone to trip when they cannot see where they are walking, but the lighting will illuminate these areas to prevent falls or injuries.
- Value: Landscape lighting can increase the value of your home. When your home has landscape lighting positioned around the property, it will create a rich sense of value to your home property.
Much like the way you want the interior of your home in pristine entertaining condition around the holidays — clean, dusted, windows washed, tree up and home smelling great — the EXTERIOR of your home has a huge impact on the way family and friends see your home, and you for that matter. Outdoor Lighting Perspectives of Kansas City can help you ensure that your home and property makes you proud. After all…you want your home looking its best inside and out when your mother-in-law arrives for holiday dinner, or when the office staff arrive for the Christmas party— right???
Contact Outdoor Lighting Perspectives of Kansas City today to learn more about why our outdoor lighting is the perfect finish to creating a welcoming holiday home! You can reach us at (913) 859-9150.